Welcome to SPB
Established by the State Constitution, the State Personnel Board (SPB) is charged with overseeing the merit-based, job-related recruitment and selection process for the hiring of state employees who provide critical services to the citizens of California. SPB provides direction to departments through simplifying civil service laws, rules, and policy. In addition, SPB audits departments for merit system compliance.
SPB also investigates and adjudicates alleged violations of civil service law which are filed by employees, applicants, and members of the public.
- Delegation Listing
- National Disability Employment Awareness Month 2015
- 2015 Report to the Legislature, Compliance Review and Special Investigation Activities
- 15 Day Notice Period, Sections 248, 548.2 and 548.5
- Amendments to Sections 547.80, 547.82, 547.83, 547.84, 547.85, 547.86 and 547.87 Are Approved
- Third-15 Day Notice Period, Section 26
- Amendments to Sections 548.42 and 548.124 Are Approved
- 45-Day Notice for Regulations related to CEAs and Continuously Vacant Classes
- 45 Day Notice of LEAP Regulations
- Notice of Further Modification to Text, Section 26
- SPB Introduces New Online System for Filing an Appeal