Welcome to SPB
Established by the State Constitution, the State Personnel Board (SPB) is charged with overseeing the merit-based, job-related recruitment and selection process for the hiring of state employees who provide critical services to the citizens of California. SPB provides direction to departments through simplifying civil service laws, rules, and policy. In addition, SPB audits departments for merit system compliance.
SPB also investigates and adjudicates alleged violations of civil service law which are filed by employees, applicants, and members of the public.
- Amended Conflict of Interest Code
- 2014 Annual Report to the Legislature - Whistleblower Retaliation Complaints
- Section 51.7 Amendment Approved
- Section 212 Amendment Approved
- Notice of Modification to Text, Section 26
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking Action, Section 25 & 26
- Justification For Cost-Savings Based Contracts
- Classification Consolidation Project Report
- Section 51.7 of the Board's regulations has been updated
- State Personnel Board Elects New Officers for 2015
- 2014 Legislative Summary
- 2013 Legislative Summary